Tuesday, January 11, 2011

“Through the Tunnel” Prove Yourself Paragraph

In 2008 when I first got into the foster system my sister, brother and I went to a foster home in Ramona. When we arrived at their house they had us sit down and go over all the rules that they wanted us to follow. Their number one rule that they were going to teach us how to demonstrate proper manners. To me, this rule made me upset because they had already implied that being taken away from our family we didn't have those kind of manners. To prove and reach my goal I made sure that I was doing everything that they had asked me to do and wasn't doing anything wrong. By showing that I knew how to behave I got to have a lot more privileges that my sister and brother. At the end I was glad that I had the chance to prove to them that even though I was taken away I still had manners. Now that I look back at this experience, I should have helped my brother and sister instead of thinking about myself.

5 comments:

  1. Your response to being told that you needed to learn manners makes me think of teachers telling students rules on the first day of school. Students already know how to behave. I wonder if you feel frustrated when teachers tell you to not talk while others are talking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging comment that implied I had "done it all". Not yet Heather almost but not yet. Then you can say I've done everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So just out of curiosity Heather, where did your manners go?

    ReplyDelete