Friday, August 27, 2010

Paralyzed by Fear


July 3rd 2008 was the worst day of my life. I remember being in pain 3 days in a row and this day was the most painful. The staff at my recent group home took me to Tri-City Emergency Room. I was having pain on my lower left abdomin. They got me into a room were I was waiting for like an hour before the docotr cam in and saw me. When he did he told me that they needed to give me a at-scan. I was scared but I just wanted my excruciating pain to go away. The doctor from the cat-scan department came and got me and wheeled me away. I had to lay on a table and I couldn't move. After I got done he took me back to my room and wait for the results. Te doctor came in twenty minutes later and said that I did have a problem but it was to big for the screen to see. So then they ordered me an ultra sound. The female docotor came and got me and started to put the warm jelly on my stomach. I screamed the whole time she did it because she was pressing on my stomach with all the strength she had. She brought me back to my room and I was hardcore crying that people were staring at me but I didn't care. I was scared that I was going to need sugery but the staff told me not to worry. the doctor finally came in and told me that I needed to be rushed down to Children's Hospital for an emergency surgery. He told me that I had a tumor that was the size of a twinkie on my overy, and that my falopian tube was rapped around my overy three times. So an abulance came and put me in the back and took me to Children's. When I got there they put me in a room and the nurses gave me a cathader. Then my surgeon Dr. Sinez and Anesthesisiologist came and told me what they were going to do. My surgeon told me that if I would had not come in the next twenty-four hours I would have died. I was scared when he said that; I was also afraid of not making it through the surgery alive. They wheeled me into the procerdure room and layed me on a table. The lady said count to five and I was knocked out. I honestly don't even remember counting to one. It took two hours to fix my problem. I woke up in the recovery room and I saw all of my family standing over me and crying. I cried because I was actually glad that I woke up. I stayed in the hospital for a week and four days before I could finally go back home. This was the time I was paralyzed by fear.

1 comment: